Bytown Blues Junior Mens Winter Training SessionsPosted on:
From the Desk of Jim Shaw:
Happy New Year to all,
I hope all of you had an enjoyable time off, are recharged and ready for some more rugby fun.
This is just a friendly reminder that we will be starting up the U16 & U18 Blues Winter rugby program this Saturday, Jan 11th at Ottawa University’s Lees Avenue campus dome facility.
The session will start at 6 pm and run until 8 pm.
For those who need to register we will be there around 5:30 pm to accept registration payment and info.
The program is open to:
- – All U16 and U18 Blues players (2013 or 2014), including our graduating U18 players!
- – Any of your schoolmates or friends (eligible for U16 or U18 rugby) who want to hone their rugby skills over the winter.
- -Ottawa University, Lee’s Avenue Campus-
- -200 Lees Avenue (map)
- -Saturday, Jan 11 (until April 12th inclusive)
- -Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- -$200 (Blues registered players)
- -$240 for non Blues registered players
- -Extra 40$ for insurance registration with Rugby Canada/Rugby Ontario
What to bring:
- -Cleats (no metal cleats), mouth guard, water bottle
I would recommend being changed before you get at the dome, as the change room facilities are in the Campus.
So if you change there, you would have to walk outdoors to get to the field and bring your bags with you.
Please note that parking at the dome is by permit pass.
If you will be parking and staying for the duration of the sessions, I will have some permits available for you to use.
Please park in parking lot ‘G3’ as per attached map.
Note: Unfortunately we do not have the setup to accept VISA or debit payments, so payment methods are: (ranked by preference)
1) eTransfer payment (please contact Cecilia Nicol to arrange)
2) Cheque made out to “Bytown Blues RFC”
For Blues registered players- no forms to fill out, just the payment (and signup sheet)
For non Blues registered players….
For insurance and emergency purposes you will need to fill out two forms:
1) 2013 Rugby Canada registration form and,
2) Blues Junior Program registration form
These two documents can be found at https://bytownbluesrugby.ca/play-rugby/registration-information/
You will need a photo-copy of your OHIP card as well.
I will have copies of the forms at the dome.
These forms are for insurance and emergency purposes only. If you play for another club, it does not mean that you are switching clubs. It is required only so that should an injury occur that you would be covered by the
Rugby Canada insurance program. The Blues form is so that we have your OHIP and emergency contact info.
If you have any questions please do no hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Bytown Blues Junior Manager